Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First haircut

For months now - maybe even as many as 6! - there has been a great debate among the Davidson fam's family and friends. It hasn't been about politics, religion, or family dynamics. The big questions around here was: Should Hayden get his first haircut? It doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal, but it got heated! My hubby was all for it, my grandmother and a few friends cried out no, my brothers gave me a giant pair of scissors (fake) from the Dollar Tree for Christmas as a not-so-subtle hint at their opinion, and I just couldn't seem to come to terms with the fact that it might be time for my baby! I should've seen the signs that my baby isn't a baby anymore:

1. He runs. Only. Walking is for wimps.

2. His little vocabulary is exploding and more often than not, I know what he means or is asking for.

3. He climbs. Kiddie chairs, big chairs, the sofa, our glass coffee table. He's a monkey!

4. His once-beloved bananas and Gerber dried apples have been replaced with a passion for "cack-er" (crackers) and "cookies" (animal crackers). Oh, and "cookie" is his clearest word and he says it roughly 1,783 times a day.

5. His hair was getting in his eyes and frustrating him.

I was in denial until #5. So after Christmas, Mimi (my mom) agree to give Hayden a little trim. And I do mean trim. He has adorable strawberry blond curls - no around the ears haircut for us! If you know my child, you know that sitting still for anything is not an option unless distracted. So we came armed with crackers and lots of them, as you'll see!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I said, "Where's Mama?" for the one below trying to get him to look at me, but he just pointed and kept munching away!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All done! I don't have a good after image because once the crackers ran out, he was outta there! But we'll get outside and take some after pictures as soon as the Arctic chill leaves Georgia.

But no matter how many haircuts he gets, words he learns, or girls he dates, he'll always be my baby. Love you, H! To the moon and back.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, He is so freakin' cute! Love the pics, you do a great job!

    ReplyDelete