Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tiny Z and her family

This past spring I got the opportunity to photograph the family of one of the most creative women I know. When I was a teen, with my artist mom and grandmother, I knew I wanted to do something creative but wasn't sure yet what my niche would be. And this woman, my awesome high school art teacher, inspired me creatively and got me thinking "out of the box." I didn't know then that photography would end up being my love, but dabbling in other areas of art and learning from her (a super talented artist herself) definitely contributed to the way I think as an artist today.

I met the B family at their home to celebrate the arrival of their 3rd child, and I love everything about this shoot - the colors, the fun, and especially the genuine family love. In addition to being a great artist, Mama B is also a pretty fabulous mom. And her adorable children cracked me up as they played and joked around together. I hope my boys have as much fun together one day. Here are some favorite, the first of which is sweet Z in a family cradle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I get to meet up with the B fam again in October, and I'm excited to see how Z and her fun sibs have grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment